Easily Amused

May 9, 2012 § 7 Comments

Just spent 15 minutes watching the cows graze their first grass of the season, after spending the previous 2 hours running fence in the rain.

Roadkill venison cutlets frying on the stove, then off to hunt morels with Erik.

But first, I think I’ll watch the cows some more.

Sometimes, I worry that I am too easily amused.

§ 7 Responses to Easily Amused

• jennifer fisk says:

No you are not too easily amused. You enjoy life’s simple pleasures. The majority of our population doesn’t have this capacity and requires artificial entertainment. I’d take watching the cows graze over a movie any day.

• Gail says:

Cows are completely amusing – the first day out for the heifers used to be the best – the kicking dances that they performed when they realized that there was a life outside of the barn and it had sunlight and fresh grass!

• betsyohs says:

I can spend *hours* watching chickens cluck around. Throw in a duck, and you’ll find me there all day.

@Gail – I love those kicking dances! Who knew that cows could dance?

• betsyohs says:

also – almost forgot: can we please, pretty please, see a picture of the skunk hat?

• Vonnie says:

Yes! Skunk hat photo, please!! We’re not easily amused, we just know the value of a good thing when we see it. Watching my chickens about the yard is my form of meditation. ~Vonnie

• MHPerry says:

New information keeps me easily amused. Aside from witnessing its death, how can you tell that roadkill is recently enough dead to be safe to eat?

• Aspendance says:

Be worried when you STOP being easily amused. I’d watch the cows, too, if I were you.