September 2, 2011 § 3 Comments
A few days ago, with the family away visiting relations, I decided to take a vacation. Which is to say, I chose to do nothing but which struck my fancy.
This is what my day looked like, in no particular order.
1. Milked and did other chores
2. Made ice cream entirely from ingredients produced on our farm (cream, eggs, maple syrup, blueberries)
3. Ate ice cream for breakfast
4. Gathered nearly six pounds of chanterelles
5. Ate nearly one pound of chanterelles
6. Picked two quarts of wild blackberries
7. Ate a pint of wild blackberries
8. Made four pounds of butter
9. Split firewood
10. Dropped a dozen trees and skidded logs with the tractor
11. Ate more ice cream for lunch
12. Swam in the pond
13. Greeted my family upon their return, after three days absence
It was a good day.